Xiaomi MiJia Sphere 360 Camera
Xiaomi is slowly opening itself and their products to the west. The Chinese smartphone giant is expanding its availability on global markets thanks to its e-tailers. One of their leading partners is turning out to be GearBest, who recently sent us the Xiaomi Mijia MI SPHERE 360 Camera.
1. The Xiaomi Mijia Mi Sphere app is now on the Google Play Store.
2.Xiaomi confirmed that will be a PC app, which will allow stitching of photos and videos on your PC, with batch processing!
3. Xiaomi engineers said that iOS app version 1.7.1 will allow full resolution video export with iPhone 6S and above!
4. GPS tagging. For you Street View photographers. For this function to work, the Mi Sphere has to be connected via Wi-Fi to your phone.
5. There will also be a Mac app, coming in August. In the meantime, check out Ben Claremont’s tutorial for stitching Xiaomi videos on a Mac with Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro (sorry, the Dashwood plugin is only for Mac).
Official Site : Xiaomi MiJia Sphere 360 Camera
What’s In The Box?
New Xiaomi MiJia Sphere 360 Camera come in a packet in a awesome with these.
- Xiaomi MiJia Sphere 360 Camera x 1
- Tripod x 1
- Water-resistant carrying pouch x 1
- Micro-USB cable x 1
Xiaomi MiJia Sphere 360 Camera Pros And Cons
- Photos are great quality and resolution
- The camera is quite compact
- Excellent build quality, the perimeter is black aluminium, efficiently dissipates heat
- Comes with a neat tripod which doubles as a handle
- The 3.5K video quality is very good compared to competitors 4K – especially in low light
- Many manual controls – EV, ISO, Shutter Speed (1-8 sec on iOS, 1-32 secs on Android)
- Unacceptable to English speakers – the manual is only printed in Chinese
- iOS app is only about 75% English (we had to resort to Google’s Translate App)
- The iOS app needs to be improved as there is reduced video output resolution vs Android
- No video editor on iOS (once video is saved to Camera Roll, you can edit)
- Needs a timer for photos in standalone mode as fingers get in the way when pressing
- Transfer speed of photos/videos from camera to phone need to be improve
- No livestreaming
- Continuous recording feature doesn’t work
Xiaomi MiJia Sphere 360 Camera: Specifications
|Dimensions||78 x 67.40 x 24.00 mm|
|Image Sensor||Sony IMX 206|
|Sensor size||1/2.3 inch|
|Wide angle||190-degree wide angle, with f/2.0 aperture|
|Image Resolution||16 MP|
|Video Resolution||2304 x 1152 (30/60 fps), 3456 x 1728 (30 fps)|
|Water Resistance||IP67 rated, Can be submerged in water up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz with maximum distance of 50m, Bluetooth 4.0|
|Battery||1600 mAh / 3.8 V|
|Storage||MicroSD card up to 128 GB|