SAFETY HOLI TIPS
Play safe. Do not get boastful and do not let others
- The best option is to play with natural home made colors. Your skin and hair will feel tampered with If natural colors are not possible, then it is a better quality of colors. Buy colors from a reputed shop or vendor.
- Use more of red or pink colors Gaudy purple, green, yellow, orange have more harmful chemicals in them and should be avoided.
- Make sure that your face is well creamed before and after the play Apply thick coating of paint on your nails- both in fingers and toes so that they stay protected.
- Oil your hair well, so that color does not stop Cover your hair Make use of hat or caps to protect your hair from being colored with hard-to-rinse dyes.
- Make sure that powder or any other product does not get inside your eyes Eyes are extremely vulnerable on Holi because of their strategic place in body and also because of the use of harmful chemicals in color these days. Please check that your eyes remain protected at all times Use a sunglass to protect your eyes from a misfire of color filled darts or water jets.
- Use dental caps to save your teeth from any unwanted stains Put on your worst clothes so that you will not have to take the hassles of an immediate washing.
- Rags like tattered denims and bright shades like black, blue, green, purple are highly recommended.
- Try to save yourself from all possible attacks on the face If you are attacked on your face
If possible avoid going outside your home, atleast for the peak hours of celebration The premises of your home to ensure that you are safe from pouncing hooligans, even friends who can be a bit rough on the day.
- When traveling the car windows are completely shut down, even if you do not have an AC car. Do not bump into the frenzied group of mob Better you cross the road Or, simply stay at a safe distance.
- Do not use permanent dyes If someone has applied it on you, do not rub the face with soap immediately in order to get rid of it, especially when it is wet. Instead, use good quality cleansing milk for removal. It’s better than using soap Rotten eggs when fired on your head, flying missiles from locality buildings … are still not too bad, will be smelly yet is a good conditioner for your hair. But tar, shit, mobil, stones and all the rubbish that you can hit with is not Avoid being a victim to hooligans
- Remember you also have police on your side and if any untoward revelers misbehave, you can make your complaint. Mark out the locality, building and if possible the person
Take a bath too Taking frequent baths, washing will face again and again, will ruin your skin. You will also lose hair, for too much soap / shampoo has a drying effect
If you are prone to skin allergies, avoid playing with gulal altogether. Going to a dermatologist (skin specialist) works no purpose, after the damage is done.
Avoid running on jumping on wet floors, so that you do not slip and injure yourself. Bones are specially vulnerable on this day.
- Avoid over indulgence in bhang, drinks or food … so that you do not repent later
Do not drive if you are high on alcohol or bhang
Keep handy pain killers, anti-oxidants, anti-allergic tablets if all the above tips have been disregarded.
HAPPY AND SAFE HOLI
Also Check : HEALTH TIPS.