Intel Core i9 Leaks: Everything you
need to know
Intel could be coming up with a major modification to their processor lineup. according to a leaked pictures, there are four Intel Core i9 processors, supported the SkyLake-X design, within the creating. this can be accompanied by 2 Intel Core i7 Kaby Lake-X CPUs. All of those area unit expected to release sometime in June 2017.
The Intel Core i9 processor has been something of a unicorn over the past several years, popping up periodically in rumors and generating hope that Intel would crank performance even higher. Another rumor has arrived that appears to give some additional credence to the impending release of another level of Core CPU.
|Core i9-7920X||Core i9-7900X||Core i9-7820X||Core i9-7800X|
|Cores / Threads||12 / 24||10 / 20||8 / 16||6 / 12|
- Core i7-7740K: 4C/8T, 4.3GHz to 4.5GHz, 8MB cache, 112W, 16 PCIe lanes
- Core i7-7640K: 4C/4T, 4GHz to 4.2GHz, 6MB cache, 112W, 16 PCIe lanes
The other four processors shown within the slide are all Skylake-X chips with Intel’s new Core i9 stigmatization. it is awise modification, with Intel moving all new 6-core and better processors to the new whole. The i9 elementscontains the following:
- Core i9-7920X: 12C/24T, unknown clocks, 16.5MB cache, 140W, 44 PCIe lanes
- Core i9-7900X: 10C/20T, 3.3GHz to 4.3GHz, 13.75MB cache, 140W, 44 PCIe lanes
- Core i9-7820X: 8C/16T, 3.6GHz to 4.3GHz, 11MB cache, 140W, 28 PCIe lanes
- Core i9-7800X: 6C/12T, 3.5GHz to 4GHz, 8.25MB cache, 140W, 28 PCIe lanes
All of those CPUs would be running on Intel’s upcoming LGA2066 socket, releasing in June, that is additionally the expected month of release of those processors, in keeping with leaked image. This excludes Core i9-7290X which could hit the stores in August. the small print famous up to now aren’t official and would possibly modification before the particular product arrives within the market.