Link Mobile Number (SIM) With Aadhaar Card From Home
All mobile users need to link their Aadhaar cards with mobile SIM cards by February 6, 2018, as per a government directive.
Mobile SIM card re-verification processes have been made a bit easier all over the country. Customers now have to dial only a central number to link to the mobile number base. This news is definitely relieved for customers who have so far had the option of simply linking their mobile network operator’s offline store to the offline store. Now instead of going to the store, they can do this work through the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) service sitting at home.
#DigitalIdentity service made easy | @UIDAI (Aadhaar) has issued directives for generating OTP either through the service provider's website or through the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) services to facilitate the linking, also known as re-verification. pic.twitter.com/RWuovxnOt3
— Digital India (@_DigitalIndia) January 2, 2018
How to link Aadhaar to mobile number via OTP
Before calling the new toll-free number make sure that you have your Aadhaar card handy as well as your mobile number for the OTP. Times Now can confirm that Airtel, Idea, and Vodafone have already activated the process. We can expect Reliance Jio to activate the service in few days as well. Similarly, BSNL is also expected to activate the new service.
Below are the steps which will be directed during the IVR to complete Aadhaar re-verification using new IVR service:
- Call 14546 from your mobile number
- On being asked whether an Indian or an NRI, choose the respective option
- The IVR process will then ask for your consent to link Aadhaar card number with your mobile number by pressing 1
- Next, mobile subscribers will be required to provide their 12-digit Aadhaar number and press 1 to confirm. In case your Aadhaar input was incorrect, you get another option to provide the Aadhaar
- An OTP will be generated and sent to your mobile
- Next, IVR process will require your mobile number after which you will have to give consent to your mobile operator to pick your personal details like name, photo, and date of birth from their records
- After giving consent, IVR will now read the last four digits of your mobile number to re-confirm your provided number
- Once, the re-confirmation is done, users can provide the OTP received via SMS
- After entering the OTP, you will be required to press 1 to complete the process. IVR will then mention that the Aadhaar-based mobile number re-verification process was successful.