New Apple iMac 2017
Apple update its iMac range for 2017 with Intel Kaby Lake processors and unveiled the iMac Pro. Here’s everything you need to know including release dates, prices and specs.
New iMac 2017 release date: 5 June
Instead of launching new iMac models towards the end of t
he year around September or October, the firm refreshed the range at WWDC on 5 June.Apple made them available straight away so you can order one now from the Apple store online and in physical stores from 7 June.
An iMac Pro was also unveiled but it has a release date of December 2017.
The iMac 2017 is also reported to pack in support for VR or video game and a robust GPU to offer an increased user expertise. The device can reportedly house either a loadstar 11 or loadstar 10 GPU from AMD.
The future iMac also will allegedly deploy full flash storage and be slimmer and lighter than the previous gen versions.
It is also expected to tout a touch ID and a USB Type-C Thunderbolt three ports.
Apple’s biggest iMac puts everything on display
- CPU: Quad-core Intel Core i5 – Core i7
- Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M380 – R9 M395 (2GB)
- RAM: 8GB – 32GB
- Screen: 27-inch Retina 5K (5,120 x 2,880) IPS
- Storage: 25GB – 1TB PCIe Flash; 2TB – 3TB Fusion Drive
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 51.6cm x 65cm x 20.3cm
cost in the UK
- iMac 21.5in – $1,099
- iMac Retina 4K 21.5in – $1,299/£1,249
- iMac Retina 5K 27in – $1,799
- iMac Pro – $4,999
The new 13-inch MacBook Pro provide 10 hours of battery life, as claimed by Apple.