Virtual ID Compulsory from June 1
Individual Identification Authority (UIDAI) has issued a beta version of the virtual ID for those who often owe their base number to banks and elsewhere. After this, now the common people will not have to give their Aadhaar number everywhere and instead they can complete the work by giving the virtual ID (VID).
The Authority has already said that it is mandatory for service providers to accept a 16-digit virtual ID in place of the base number from June 1, 2018, for the purpose of verification. It is clear that now no need to give the Aadhaar number to avail the facilities. Simply put, with this new feature, the Aadhaar will have to tell only the 16-digit Virtual ID (VID) number instead of specifying its 12 digit base number for authentication and verification. According to UIDAI, users will be able to generate their own VIDs themselves.
What is VID
A virtual ID would be a 16 digit code which can be used instead of the base number. In order to avail the facilities, it will not be mandatory to provide a 12 digit base number. People will be able to use virtual ID instead. This will safeguard the identity of the people.
Virtual ID will eliminate the compulsion to provide a base number everywhere. This will allow the details of the details like name, age, address etc to be kept safe. Aadhaar virtual ID is a kind of temporary number. There will be only a few details in this. If someone has to give details of their base, then they can give VID number instead of the base.
VID will be able to get such
This will be a digital ID. It can be generated only from UIDAI portals. It will be valid for one day. That is, it is necessary to get it daily if needed.
- Visit the UIDAI homepage for this.
- Enter your base number. After this, insert the security code and click on Send OTP.
- OTP will be found on registered mobile number.
- After inserting OTP, you will get the option of generating a new vid.
- When it is generated, your virtual ID will be sent on your mobile. I.e. the number of 16 digits will come.
- This virtual ID can be generated countless times and old Idle will be useless as new ID is generated.
- It will be a special thing that the virtual ID can not be copied.
What will happen to VID
- This will give you the option of not sharing the base number at the time of verification.
- Various things like verification of name, address and photograph will be verified from virtual ID.
- A user will be able to generate as many virtual cards as they want.
- Old ID itself will be canceled.
- Authorized agencies will not be allowed to generate virtual IDs from the Aadhaar card holder.
- 119 million Aadhaar cards in the country
UIDAI has said that in recent days there have been many questions about the identity of the Aadhaar. Keeping this in view, new processes have been started to further strengthen the base. It is notable that till date, 119 crore Aadhar cards have been made in the country. It is being used in such departments as banks, telecom, public distribution and income tax.